Over the past few months, exciting changes occurred and we have laid the foundations for great things to come. The most significant change has been the successful consolidation of Principal Software and d6 Technology under a new company called d6 group.
The sales team have recently been through extensive Princpal+ system training. “We gained a deeper understanding as well as an appreciation of the admin system and were in awe as learners were automatically assigned to subjects in the Curriculum.”, said Keith Smith, Head of Sales.
Through innovative design thinking and the constant improvement of our school systems, the compliance department has grown into a strong pillar at d6 education. We are proud to announce that the development team recently made major improvements to the SA-SAMS export. Our focus remains to keep the teacher in the classroom.
We are pleased to announce that the education divisions of both Principal Software and d6 Technology have officially joined forces to set the standard for innovation in school management. As of 1 March 2017, the two companies will create a new brand called d6 education and will service more than 2,500 schools across South Africa and abroad.
A highlight is that Laerskool Hennopsrivier and Park Senior School obtained the highly sought after ‘Green Icon’ for all required metrics for the Year End submission (Term 4). This is a notable achievement that indicates a 100% correctness, completeness and accuracy of their data on the Principal PLUS System.
Well Done to Laerskool Fontainebleau, Laerskool Hennopsrivier and Park Senior School on this Legendary Result!!
Never before has school communication been easier! With Multi-Channel Communication, messages can be simultaneously sent to various combinations of Parents, Learners, Staff, Groups, Debtors or Outside Contacts via Principal Talk, Email and SMS.
As one of fifteen delivery methods, schools can choose “Least Cost Routing”. The system will then analyse a list of recipients and automatically find the most cost effective way of delivering a message either by Email, SMS or Principal Talk.
Schools can add multiple attachments to messages and send it via Principal Talk, Email and SMS!
In Summary, Multi-Channel Communication is:
- Send one message to different subsets of Parents, Learners, Staff, Groups, Debtors or Outside Contacts simultaneously.
- The system chooses the most economical method of communication for each individual recipient. E.g. a message to parents will be sent to 60% of parents via the Principal Talk app, to 35% via email and to the rest via sms.
- Multiple Attachments can be sent per message, either via Principal Talk, Email or even SMS!
- Communicate to a wide range of pre-defined debtor groups (per age or balance).
- The system automatically flags those recipients that have no registered communication channel for quick rectification.
My School | Communication