A highlight is that Laerskool Hennopsrivier and Park Senior School obtained the highly sought after ‘Green Icon’ for all required metrics for the Year End submission (Term 4). This is a notable achievement that indicates a 100% correctness, completeness and accuracy of their data on the Principal PLUS System.
Well Done to Laerskool Fontainebleau, Laerskool Hennopsrivier and Park Senior School on this Legendary Result!!
Never before has school communication been easier! With Multi-Channel Communication, messages can be simultaneously sent to various combinations of Parents, Learners, Staff, Groups, Debtors or Outside Contacts via Principal Talk, Email and SMS.
As one of fifteen delivery methods, schools can choose “Least Cost Routing”. The system will then analyse a list of recipients and automatically find the most cost effective way of delivering a message either by Email, SMS or Principal Talk.
Schools can add multiple attachments to messages and send it via Principal Talk, Email and SMS!
In Summary, Multi-Channel Communication is:
- Send one message to different subsets of Parents, Learners, Staff, Groups, Debtors or Outside Contacts simultaneously.
- The system chooses the most economical method of communication for each individual recipient. E.g. a message to parents will be sent to 60% of parents via the Principal Talk app, to 35% via email and to the rest via sms.
- Multiple Attachments can be sent per message, either via Principal Talk, Email or even SMS!
- Communicate to a wide range of pre-defined debtor groups (per age or balance).
- The system automatically flags those recipients that have no registered communication channel for quick rectification.
My School | Communication
The Principal Software compliance team have recently completed a very successful Provincial Compliance Training Road Trip, which included Kwazulu-Natal, Western Cape, North-West, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Johannesburg between the 18th of October and the 8th of November 2016. We were privileged to visit our clients in the different regions where we were able to share all the new compliance information with regards to our system and SA-SAMS. We are proud to announce that more than 100 schools have been trained in total since we started presenting our Compliance Workshops in Gauteng and now all over the country. We hope that this will be a recurring event as we gained just as much insight into the lives of the Schools in the different provinces as they gained from our Workshops.
With the launch of our Principal Talk application earlier this year, we as Principal Software recommitted ourselves to helping our schools be more effective. Schools are our clients but they are more than that, we consider them part of the Principal Software family.
The launch of Principal Talk gives schools an easy, cost efficient method of two-way communication between itself and parents. Never before has it been simpler, faster or cheaper to get information from or to relevant parties. Furthermore, the various channels of communication come at no cost to parents.
What makes Principal Talk even more unique, however, is its ability to give parents, who choose to buy a subscription, access to child-specific information such as Marks, Absenteeism, Disciplinary Record and Financial Information. It is here that we made good on our promise to treat our schools like part of our family. We undertook to give a share of the proceeds received from parents for the app’s premium features BACK TO OUR SCHOOLS! In this way, we hope to make our school management system “pay for itself” from the schools perspective. The more parents that make use of the premium features, the more money to the school.
- Sales – Selling our software to schools for which they receive a once-off and recurring commission.
- Implementation – Implement our software at schools for which they receive an implementation fee based on the modules implemented.
- Consultation and Support – Consult and support our schools in the region where the partner is situated.
- User authentication – only parents linked to a school can get access to the App (au-pairs and other family can also be included via OTP (One-time-pin) authentication to existing parents
- Users (Parents) are automatically linked to committees or groups where their kids are involved
- Direct access to view the school’s Account Statement – in summary and per learner separately
- Directly react to queries from school(s), effectively doing away with the traditional ‘tear-off’ slips
- Update their personal information on the school database directly from the App – a full history of previous details is always available to the school
- Request changes to learner data via the App
- Make general enquiries to the school and receive feedback, all on the App
- Report learner absenteeism with optional addition of medical documentation
- View Child-specific content (billed per parent by Principal Software):
- Learner Marks
- Learner Discipline
- Learner Finances
- Learner Absenteeism