The Principal Software compliance team have recently completed a very successful Provincial Compliance Training Road Trip, which included Kwazulu-Natal, Western Cape, North-West, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Johannesburg between the 18th of October and the 8th of November 2016. We were privileged to visit our clients in the different regions where we were able to share all the new compliance information with regards to our system and SA-SAMS. We are proud to announce that more than 100 schools have been trained in total since we started presenting our Compliance Workshops in Gauteng and now all over the country. We hope that this will be a recurring event as we gained just as much insight into the lives of the Schools in the different provinces as they gained from our Workshops.
With the launch of our Principal Talk application earlier this year, we as Principal Software recommitted ourselves to helping our schools be more effective. Schools are our clients but they are more than that, we consider them part of the Principal Software family.
The launch of Principal Talk gives schools an easy, cost efficient method of two-way communication between itself and parents. Never before has it been simpler, faster or cheaper to get information from or to relevant parties. Furthermore, the various channels of communication come at no cost to parents.
What makes Principal Talk even more unique, however, is its ability to give parents, who choose to buy a subscription, access to child-specific information such as Marks, Absenteeism, Disciplinary Record and Financial Information. It is here that we made good on our promise to treat our schools like part of our family. We undertook to give a share of the proceeds received from parents for the app’s premium features BACK TO OUR SCHOOLS! In this way, we hope to make our school management system “pay for itself” from the schools perspective. The more parents that make use of the premium features, the more money to the school.
- Sales – Selling our software to schools for which they receive a once-off and recurring commission.
- Implementation – Implement our software at schools for which they receive an implementation fee based on the modules implemented.
- Consultation and Support – Consult and support our schools in the region where the partner is situated.
- User authentication – only parents linked to a school can get access to the App (au-pairs and other family can also be included via OTP (One-time-pin) authentication to existing parents
- Users (Parents) are automatically linked to committees or groups where their kids are involved
- Direct access to view the school’s Account Statement – in summary and per learner separately
- Directly react to queries from school(s), effectively doing away with the traditional ‘tear-off’ slips
- Update their personal information on the school database directly from the App – a full history of previous details is always available to the school
- Request changes to learner data via the App
- Make general enquiries to the school and receive feedback, all on the App
- Report learner absenteeism with optional addition of medical documentation
- View Child-specific content (billed per parent by Principal Software):
- Learner Marks
- Learner Discipline
- Learner Finances
- Learner Absenteeism
It is around this time of year when School’s face tremendous pressure to complete the Administrative Year end process. Principal Software has scheduled Interactive workshops to try and alleviate this pressure and equip our clients with the skills to complete the Admin Year end with ease.
Our goal is to provide accessible training sessions for Year-End Promotion Mark Formulas as well as an Administrative Year-End Workshop to train clients to successfully complete these tasks. The best way to work efficiently is to have the knowledge to do the work better, quicker and more accurately.We are offering up to a 20% discount of registrations if you decide to register for both workshops. Please click Here for more information.
In an effort to make training more accessible to our clients and to continue to support our clients to the best of our ability, Principal Software will be hosting training campaigns throughout five provinces in Southern Africa from 18 October to 3 November 2016.
Compliance workshopson how to submit school data to the DBE in SA-SAMS format will be held in all five provinces. Additionally, Q&A days will be held on Admin, Finance, and Curriculum in Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Western Cape. A general Q&A session will be hosted after the compliance workshop in the North West, Limpopo and Mpumalanga.
Sessions will be held in English unless the majority of schools use Afrikaans as a language of instruction.
Toregister for your province’s training sessions follow the links below: For important information, click here
Our training department has been exceptionally busy over the last two months in response to legislation requiring all schools to submit their data through SA-SAMS to the DBE.
It is important to note that schools are able use any 3rd party administration software supplier, such as Principal Software as their primary administration system, as long as they submit the District specific data through SA-SAMS to the DBE.
Principal Software participated at the 5th Annual Principals Day at Kwalata Game Lodge on the 10th August 2016. This networking event is hosted once a year and is aimed to connect principals from schools all over Gauteng with service providers and product distributors in the education industry.